- 1995 "Bengtson in Action" the flute as you've never heard it before. (Kanx Records). Jan's first solo record. A CD that breaks all musical boundaries.
- 1996 "Scandinavian Light"(Arietta discs). A classical compilation where Jan and pianist Bengt-Åke Lundin serves us Nordic music for piano and flute and for flute solo.
- During the years, Jan has also participated as studio musician in recordings with numerous Swedish artists.
Other events in Jan's career:
- In 1990, Jan received first prize in the Nordic flute competition arranged by the Finnish Crusell Week. He was also awarded the prize for the best interpretation of the special competition composition by Calevi Aho.
- In 1992 he received the special prize at the International Music Competition in Vienna.
- At four, he started flute studies for his father Stig Bengtson, solo flutist at the Royal Opera in Stockholm.
- First TV appearance as soloist at six years old.
- Enrolled at the Maria school at 10, and later at Adolf Fredrik musical program.
- Military service at the Central Band of the Royal Swedish Army in Strängnäs in 1982.
- Started conservatory studies in Gothenburg for Prof. Gérhàrd Schaub, solo flutist at the Gothenburg symphony orchestra, in 1985.
- In 1988, Jan was employed as solo flutist at the Umeå sinfonietta and the Norrland Opera.
- In 1989, he was employed as solo flutist at the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in Stockholm, and in 1997 also as solo flutist at the Royal Opera.
- Teaches the flute at the Royal University Collage of Music in Stockholm since 1997
(Peter Edberg, Grafisk Form -97, translated by Tyresö Webtjänst & Design).